Saturday, December 4, 2010

Delicious Pumpkin Cheesecake

So I wanted something different than your average pumpkin pie for my first Thanksgiving meal. I came across this fabulous Paula Deen pumpkin cheescake and knew I had to make it! I am so glad that I did because it turned out to be so delicious! If you don't believe me ask my brother who ate 1 whole cheesecake by himself!! I was a little bit nervous since I had never made a cheesecake before, but this recipe was so simple I couldn't mess it up!
Pumpkin Cheesecake by Paula Deen


via

Crust:


1 3/4 cup graham cracker crust

3 tbs of light brown sugar
1/2 tsp on ground cinnamon

1 stick melted butter


Filling:


3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, room temp
1 (15 oz) can of pureed pumpkin

3 eggs plus 1 egg yolk

1/4 cup sour cream (I used light sour cream, I save calories where I can! )
1 1/2 cups of sugar
1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tbs All Purpose Flour
1 tsp vanilla extract


Directions


Preheat oven to 350* degrees

For Crust
Mix ingredients together, butter being the last ingredient added and form pie crust in a 9" spring form pan (this is optional, I used 2 regular pie pans).


For Filling
Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add pumpkin puree, eggs, egg yolk, sour cream, sugar and the spices. Add flour and vanilla. Beat together until well combined.
Pour into crust. Spread out evenly and place oven for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and let sit for 15 minutes. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 + hours.

Slice, Serve and Enjoy!
Jen

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...