Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Sheperd's Pie

This week sure has been busy! I am still not sure how it is already wednesday, and most definitely not sure how it is only two days away from Christmas! Can someone explain that?? Anyways, I knew I wouldnt have much time to make dinner last night but I didnt have enough chicken for the crock pot. So, I had to come up with something else! Shepards Pie used to be one of my fall back recipes but somehow got lost in the move! Meaning, I havent made it since May.. not really sure why! I would like to thank my cousin DeAnna for this delicious easy recipe!

Sheperds Pie



1 lb ground beef/turkey
1 can corn
1 can green beans
1 can tomato soup
****This was the directions for my potatoes 2 cups of boiling water for 1 cup of pearls, let sit for 3-5 minutes**
6 cups of water
3 cups Instant Mashed potatoes-*anything you want in your potatoes*
a healthy handful of cheese

Preheat oven to 350
Cook ground beef in large skillet. Once it is fully cooked add corn, green beans, and tomato soup. Mix together and let simmer on low heat for just a minute or two stirring constantly.
In separate pan boil 6 cups of water, add instant potatoes and let sit for 3-5 minutes. I added butter salt pepper, garlic powder and milk to my potatoes until they tasted how I wanted them to.
Place beef and vegetable mixture into the bottom of a 9 X 13 pan, spread out evenly. Place potatoes on top of beef mix and spread out evenly. Top with cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes.

Eat and Enjoy!
Jen

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...