Monday, December 13, 2010

Quick & Easy Rolls

I am all about some delicious dinner rolls! My all time favorite is my meme's monkey bread which I will post next time I make it but until then these will do! They were so simple to make and I only had to endure one rising process rather than the 2 or 3 that some breads make you wait for! SO here they are:

Quick & Easy Dinner Rolls




1 pkg. active dry yeast
1 c. lukewarm water
1 egg
1/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/4 c. oil or melted butter *I used the oil
3 c. flour, sifted * I did not sift my flour but I am sure that they would come out even fluffier if you do, or you can use bread flour instead.


Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water. Add egg, sugar, salt and oil (or butter). Add half the flour, and beat until smooth. Add rest of flour and beat again until smooth. Fill greased muffin pans half full and let rise until double.
Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes. Brush tops with butter while still warm.

See how simple these are? You can even make loaves of bread with this recipe. 
But Don't forget the butter and homeade jam!
Enjoy!
Jen

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...