Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mmmm Mmm Good Homeade Chicken Noodle Soup

I love coming home to a good hot & ready meal! For this reason I LOVE the Crock pot! You can make almost anything in the crock pot, even cakes! Well todays forecast was wet and dreary and cold. THe solution, Soup! So I searched some recipes and found one for my 2nd favorite kitchen gadget (1st is the kitchen aid!) All I had to do when I came home was boil water and cook the noodles! So fifteen minutes after getting home I am enjoying a delicious meal! Here it is!!

Chicken Noodle Soup

picture via

2 chicken breasts (Frozen)
2 cups water
4 cups chicken broth
1 tsp garlic powder
3 Sliced Carrots
2 tbs minced onion
4 chicken boillon cubes
salt & pepper to taste
*3 tsp corn starch to thicken if desired

1 pkg egg noodles


Put all ingredients in the crock pot  except the noodles. Cook on low for 8 hours, a little longer won't hurt either! Use a fork and shred the chicken in the crock pot and cut up the carrots.
Serve over egg noodles!

Enjoy!
Jen

2 comments:

Brandy said...

This is awesome!

Unknown said...

making this again tonight it is THAT good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...