Monday, December 6, 2010

The easiest pizza dough recipe

Whenever I want something easy and filling I make a pizza. Okay not everytime, but it is a family staple food! Before I write out the recipe you must know this one secret. KITCHEN AID.

The kitchen aid has changed my cooking life. Anything I have to mix or knead is now done by my red beauty! If only she could roll out dough too.... Anyways, If you do not have an electric bowl mixer ie kitchenaid, bosch, etc.. I highly suggest you ask Santa for one for Christmas! Especially if baking/cooking more is one of your new years resolutions! (Oh and you can mash and shred things with it too!)


Easy Crispy Pizza Dough

1 packet insant dry yeast

1 cup warm water

1 tsp salt

1 tbs olive oil

1 tbs sugar

*spices to taste (optional)

2 1/2-3 1/2 cups of flour


Mix water and yeast together and let sit for a minute. Add salt, olive oil, sugar and 2 cups of flour

Mix together and add 1/2 cup of flour until dough is firm but slightly sticky.

Put dough in oiled bowl (roll the dough in the oil so all sides are covered) and let sit for 1 hour or until doubled in size.

Preheat oven to 450*

Roll out your dough and place whatever sauce and toppings you desire!

Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.


*Spices to taste-I will sometimes add garlic and oregano to my dough to give it a little extra flavor, it tastes great with out it though!


Slice, Dish, & Enjoy!

Jen

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...